This is a super easy recipe for an incredibly healthy and tasty breakfast in a mug. There are so many alternative recipes on the internet for this but this my mom’s version. I recently wake up too late and rushing out the door so she makes this so I can gulp down something before I leave.
This recipe is high in protein, fiber, carbohydrates, and calcium (and various other vitamins) because of all the different ingredients that are put in. It is also great after a workout.
This recipe makes about 3 servings.
For the smoothy:
- 1/2 cup milk (add more if you feel like it’s too thick)
- 1 yellow banana
- 1/4 cup blueberries
- 1/4 cup blackberries
- 5 – 6 almonds (soak the almonds beforehand if your blender is not strong enough)
You can change these to your likings, like changing the type of granola and corn flakes or changing the strawberries to more blueberries.
- 2 strawberries
- 1 tablespoon of Nutella
- a handful of oats cornflakes
- a handful of honey and nuts granola bits
all of the ingredients mentioned above were things I found in my own home so feel free to add more or take away ingredients.
- Add the banana, blueberries, blackberries, milk, and almonds to a blender and blend until smooth or to a consistency of your liking.
- Spread the Nutella on the sides of the mug.
- Add the granola into the mug and pour the smoothy on top of it, remember not to fill it up to the top.
- Add your cornflakes on top.
- Cut up the strawberries and put them on top.
Not only is it tasty and healthy you can Instagram it too. 😀
Leave a comment below if you tried this.