It’s finally the autumn season, personally my favourite season in the whole year, when the temperature becomes cooler and the leaves change colour. It’s also the perfect time of the year to have a pumpkin spice latte, so instead of waiting in line at the coffee shop, I decided to make my own.
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons pure pumpkin puree
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice, plus more for sprinkling
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup hot espresso or strong brewed coffee
- Sweetened whipped cream, for serving
- Combine the milk, pumpkin puree, sugar, pumpkin pie spice and vanilla in a medium microwave safe bowl, cover the bowl with plastic wrap and vent with a small hole.
- Microwave until the milk is hot, 1 to 2 minutes. Whisk vigorously until the milk mixture is foamy, about 30 seconds.
- Pour the espresso or coffee into a large mug and add the foamed milk. Top with whipped cream and a sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice.
Comment down below if you tried the recipe and how it turned out.
Original recipe from Food Network: http://www.foodnetwork.com/