If you like french toast but want a little bit of a healthier version of it, here is where you can find it. Since we are baking it and not frying it makes it a little healthier.
- 5 slices of bread
- 2 1/2 tablespoon fresh cream
- 250ml milk
- 4 eggs
- 50g sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 100g cold cubed butter
- 1/3 cup flour
- Slice the bread into cubes, put it into a baking dish and set aside.
- In a bowl, combine cream, milk, eggs, sugar and vanilla. Pour onto the bread, cover it and keep it refrigerated overnight.
- In another bowl, combine the brown sugar, cinnamon, salt, butter and flour (combine using your hands preferably, as it will mix well) cover it and refrigerate overnight.
- The next morning, pour the sugar mix on top of the soaked bread and add some blueberries on top.
- preheat oven to 360 degrees Fahrenheit (180 degrees Celsius) and bake for 35 minutes.
- Serve warm.