This is a simple recipe, if you are a chocolate lover like I am you are sure to love this,
This recipe makes up to 10 portions but may differ based on the size of your baking dish.
- 200g chopped dark chocolate
- 100g butter, cubed
- Pinch of salt
- 2 eggs
- 180ml sugar
- 100g ground almonds
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 3 tbsp + 1 tsp grated coconut, lightly roasted
- 5 tbsp + 1 tsp plain flour, sifted
- 50g glacé cherries, chopped
- 1 cup pistachio nuts, roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line a 20cm round spring-form cake tin with greaseproof paper.
- In a pan, melt the chocolate, butter and salt together over a low heat. Stir until smooth. Set aside to cool.
- Beat the eggs and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Carefully fold in the almonds, vanilla essence, coconut, flour, cherries, half the nuts and all the chocolate mixture until well combined.
- Pour the mixture into the cake tin, sprinkle the rest of the pistachios on top and bake for 25-30 mins or until the top rises but the inside is still moist.
- Allow to cool before slicing.